Download the Vaccine and Virology handbook to discover the next generation of virology techniques.
Current methods to measure virus and neutralizing antibody titers include plaque assays, plaque reduction neutralization tests (PRNT), or immuno-focus assays.Limitations with these methods include:
- Inconsistent rates of plaque formation
- Optimal time point to count plaques may vary for each infection
The xCELLigence real-time cell analysis (RTCA) assay tracks monolayer cell health continuously without the use of agar, dye, or fixative over minutes to days. These automated assays greatly reduce work load and provide quantitative kinetics for virus infection with exquisite sensitivity and reproducibility.
Applications in the Vaccine and Virology handbook include:
- Viral titer determination
- Detection and quantification of neutralizing antibodies
- Studying antiviral drugs
- Testing virucides
- Oncolytic viruses
- Assessing virus quality/fitness